This is going to be the first of several articles on psychic development. Wikipedia defines ‘psychic’ as ‘an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through what is described as extrasensory perception, or to those people said to have such abilities. Everyone has this ability to some extent. There are four major psychic strengths. Everyone is strongest in one or two of them. They are:
- Clear Vision (Clairvoyance)
- Clear Seeing (Clairaudience)
- Clairvoyance is a form of psychic vision expressing itself as a picture or image. It’s reception area is the 3rd eye area (above the eyebrows). To access this area, think of a quesiton or situation and look up, notice the visual impressions you receive.
- Clairaudience is a form of psychic hearing. The reception for this area is the temporal lobe area (either side of the head above ear level). To use this gift, sit quietly and turn your thoughts inward and focus on yourself and your day. Project the mental question ‘What approach is best for me today?’ Grasp the note or word or understanding that comes to mind.
- Psychic Feeling is the next category of psychic ability. It’s reception area is the solar plexus or gut. People who are strongest in this area often have great healing abilities, because of their sensitivity. To evaluate a person using this gift, you can face away from someone who is present and close your eyes. notice the impressions you are receiving. Don’t force, just be open and aware.
- Intuition is the last area area for psychic strengths. The reception area for this is above the top of the head. To intuitively get information on a question via this skill, focus your awareness upward and note your intuitive first impression. Contrary to popular opinion, intuition (or prophecy) does not only refer to the future. It can also give you insight on a current situation or something from the past. To access this area. Sit comfotably with eyes closed. Picture a funnel extending from the center at the top of your head. Focus your attention through the funnel. Think of a situation, and notice the impressions that seem to be pouring through your mind.
- Don’t be discouraged if nothing happens right away. Don’t force it. With practice you will become stronger in at least one of these areas. There are many exercises and practices to develop your intuition. These are just several. Practice makes perfect.